Al James Arrested in Hit-and-Run on North Main Street [Lakeport, CA]

Al James Arrested in Hit-and-Run on North Main Street [Lakeport, CA]
Al James Arrested in Hit-and-Run on North Main Street [Lakeport, CA]

Al James Involved in Pedestrian Accident on North Main Street in Lakeport

LAKEPORT, CA (January 20, 2023) – The Lakeport Police Department arrested 63-year-old Al James of Lakeport after a hit-and-run on North Main Street on January 15.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the collision happened shortly before 6:00 PM. Based on a report, James struck a female pedestrian in the lanes.
Subsequently, he drove off to leave the scene, without rendering aid to the victim.
As a result, the pedestrian suffered injuries in the incident. Officers confirmed that was conscious and alert at the scene before they transported her to Sutter Lakeside Hospital.
Police later reported that she was transported by air ambulance to an out-of-county hospital where she is recovering.
With the help of a witness, police were able to identify and locate James. They arrested and booked him into the Lake County Jail for felony hit-and-run, with bail set at $10,000.
As of now, an investigation into the case is ongoing. In addition, no other details are available.
Always check your surroundings when driving, especially in highways and in areas near intersections. Always give way to people who cross the street to avoid an accident and do not leave the scene if an accident occurred.

If you have been hurt in a hit-and-run accident, count on The Alpha Accident Lawyers to help you with your case. We work hard day and night to ensure that victims of accidents receive the compensation they rightfully deserve. Each of our clients receives personal legal advice tailored to his or her specific case. Our teams will work with you personally, one-on-one, to better understand your situation. Call us today at (800) 544-2696 to schedule a free consultation. We work on a contingency basis, so you pay absolutely nothing unless we will your case. Moreover, you can request a copy of the police report from your accident.


Scroll to top