An Award-Winning Personal Injury Attorney in Sacramento
Between medical costs, dealing with the defendant’s insurance company, and being out of work, there will be a number of challenges when overcoming the aftermath of a personal injury accident. However, these obstacles are not insurmountable, and you are not alone in recovering the financial compensation that is owed to you.
At Alpha Accident Lawyers, our Sacramento personal injury lawyers are compassionate and skilled in their craft for obtaining optimal results for clients. Our proven track record of success is exemplified in our 99% success rate. If you were injured in an accident, allow us to help you seek the justice that you deserve.
To learn more, schedule your free case evaluation with our personal injury law firm in California and speak with a trusted Sacramento personal injury lawyer today to get started.START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
What Is a Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer?
In short, Sacramento personal injury lawyers should advocate in clients’ best interest and fight to recover maximum compensation on their behalf.
At Alpha Accident Lawyers, our licensed legal professionals provide representation and advice to personal injury victims who have suffered physical, psychological, or emotional injuries as a result of the negligence or carelessness of others.
The role of a personal injury attorney is to maintain a level playing field and prevent the defendant’s insurance company from taking advantage of victims. The responsibilities of a personal injury lawyer are extensive and involve managing the entire process of a personal injury case. These responsibilities include:
- Providing free legal advice to prospective clients
- Evaluating Sacramento personal injury cases to estimate case value
- Gathering evidence, like witness statements, police reports, and video surveillance
- Drafting, reviewing, and modifying paperwork such as pleadings, motions, discovery responses, and demand letters
- Negotiating with the insurance company for the best financial reward
- If necessary, representing clients at hearings, mediations, and trials
- Keeping clients informed about the progress of their personal injury cases
We understand that every personal injury case is different and that every client has different priorities. This is why our Sacramento personal injury attorneys tailor representation to each individual’s specific needs. Together, we will work with you to provide the best outcome available.
Types of Sacramento Personal Injury Cases
“Personal injury” spans a large spectrum of civil cases. Some personal injury law firms try to cover all of the areas.
However, at Alpha Accident Lawyers, we believe that in order to truly achieve maximum results, it’s vital to be committed to a specific practice area. This is why we only handle motor vehicle-related accidents, such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Lyft & Uber accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Wrongful death accidents
When looking for a personal injury attorney, ensure that the person has extensive experience in winning personal injury cases that are similar to yours. Our law firm offers a free case evaluation, allowing all potential clients to ask questions and discuss concerns surrounding their circumstances.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
A common misconception about personal injury accidents is to believe that even when you’re not at fault, the insurance company is going to be fair in how your case is assessed. In fact, insurance companies have been found to delay case settlements, negotiate unfair settlement offers, and even reject claims entirely.
Challenges personal injury victims may face when filing an insurance claim involving an at-fault party are:
- Proving negligence, the failure to act in a reasonable manner, which is why the personal injury accident occurred
- Negotiating for full and fair compensation from the other party’s insurance company
- Obtaining evidence that not only proves who is at fault but also supports the claim that damages were sustained
- Recovering some compensation when also being responsible for causing the car accident or other serious accident
- Filing the personal injury claim within the statute of limitations in California
- Communicating with insurance adjusters while avoiding being misled into accepting a low settlement offer
Sacramento personal injury attorneys play a crucial role in providing legal representation to individuals who have suffered consequences, due to a negligent party.
Therefore, hiring a skilled personal injury lawyer is essential for victims who have experienced a serious accident, as it prevents such obstacles from interfering with receiving financial compensation.
Expertise in Personal Injury Law
We understand the stress, fear, and uncertainty personal injury victims may be undergoing, which is why we strive to provide the best service possible–and do so in an efficient manner, simplifying the process as much as possible.
Our experience with personal injury cases involving motor vehicle accidents is extensive. To be successful in this field, Sacramento personal injury lawyers must possess excellent negotiation skills, a resourceful mindset, and a deep understanding of personal injury law.
With a 99% success rate, Alpha Accident Lawyers has not only set the bar high for other local personal injury law firms in Northern California, but our efforts have also amassed millions in settlements and verdicts.
When it comes to our clients, it is our responsibility to evaluate claims, gather evidence, and negotiate for the highest settlements. Our legal team will be there to answer your questions, provide support, and advocate for your rights every step of the way.
Proving Liability to Seek Full and Fair Compensation
Ultimately, proving liability consists of identifying a negligent party that is responsible for causing injuries and damages. Proving negligence can be demonstrated with the following four elements:
- Duty of care – The defendant owed the plaintiff a legal duty to act in a reasonable manner
- Breach of duty of care – The defendant failed to act in a reasonable manner
- Causation – The defendant’s breach of duty caused the personal injury accident
- Damages – The accident caused by the defendant resulted in injuries and damages to the plaintiff
Experienced Sacramento personal injury lawyers can assist by establishing that the other party was at fault. Additional steps that victims can take to strengthen their personal injury case include:
- Seeking immediate medical attention, so health is not jeopardized. Doing so will also establish medical records, indicating that injuries were sustained.
- Filing a police report with the local CHP to officially document that an accident took place.
- Avoid speaking to the other party’s insurance company, as doing so can result in accidentally implicating victims into accepting fault.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recover with a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Damages that can be compensated in a personal injury case may include economic damages and non-economic damages.
This is a form of quantifiable losses that can be calculated, as they typically hold a monetary value. They can also be proven through medical bills, receipts, vehicle repair invoices, and other documentation for out-of-pocket expenses. Examples include the following:
- Current medical bills and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Physical therapy
Unlike its counterpart, this form of loss is subjective and does not hold a monetary value. There are various techniques some insurance companies and attorneys may use to calculate a value, but typically, the following are examples of non-economic damages that can be compensated:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
This form of damages is awarded to plaintiffs for the purpose of punishing the at-fault party for egregious behavior. Punitive damages are not awarded to compensate for loss, but instead to deter such reckless behavior from occurring again.
Investigating Personal Injury Claims to Build a Strong Case
Even when fault is apparent, personal injury victims must prove why the other party is liable for damages. A Sacramento personal injury attorney from Alpha can assist with this through our effective approach to investigating the accident, obtaining evidence, and negotiating with the other party’s insurance company.
A strong case should be supported with the resources needed to obtain evidence, such as witness statements, photos and videos of the accident, police reports, and medical records.
Collaborating with expert witnesses for their professional testimony of the accident will also be necessary. This includes accident reconstructionists, doctors, surgeons, and other individuals who are considered experts in their field of work.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Dealing with insurance companies is a challenge, as their goal is to protect their bottom line, and they are able to accomplish this by misleading victims into accepting less-than-fair settlement offers. Common tactics used by insurance companies are:
- Insurance adjusters persisting to speak with the victim: Insurance adjusters are skilled negotiators working for the insurance company. To move the process along before the victim has consulted with an attorney, an insurance adjuster may offer a quick settlement, contact the victim right after the accident to establish trust, reassure that hiring a lawyer is unnecessary and a waste of money, and ask for recorded statements.
- Argue comparative fault: Because California is an at-fault state, all parties involved may be held financially liable for an accident. Therefore, even when liability is minimal, the final award may be reduced by the plaintiff’s percentage of fault as argued by the defendant’s insurance company.
- Present quick but low settlement offers: Insurance companies may offer victims early settlements to appear concerned and supportive. However, these initial offers are often significantly undervalued, so accepting them would actually benefit insurance companies, not the victims.
- Extend the claims process: The personal injury claims process is naturally time-consuming, and insurance companies may strategize to delay reaching a resolution which can frustrate victims into dropping their claims altogether. Some tactics include delaying the process, denying claims, or pressuring plaintiffs into accepting less compensation.
No-Fee Guarantee and Free Consultation
A common fear many victims face when considering legal representation is how they are going to afford the services of a Sacramento personal injury attorney. At Alpha Accident Lawyers, our goal is to help our clients obtain maximum recovery.
If we do not deliver on our end, then it would not be fair to charge for our services, which is why our firm works on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, we never charge any upfront fees and are only compensated with a percentage of the final settlement or verdict after a case is won.
Everyone deserves the right to quality representation and peace of mind. In order to ensure your case is on the right track, we encourage you to schedule a case assessment today. Our personal injury firm in Sacramento, CA offers free legal advice to all prospective clients without any financial commitment or obligation to hire us.
To learn more about our contingency fee arrangement or free consultation, contact us.
The Top Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyers
Alpha Accident Lawyers is a trusted law firm serving Sacramento and the neighboring cities in Northern California, including Davis, Elk Grove, Roseville, Citrus Heights, Roseville, Folsom, and more.
Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys has a proven track record of success, as we have helped clients recover millions of dollars in damages following serious accidents, including car accidents, catastrophic injuries, spinal cord injuries, and wrongful death cases.
We understand that being injured in an accident is a difficult and overwhelming experience. This is why we offer our services on contingency, making legal fees one less matter to worry about.
If you or a loved one were affected by an accident that caused serious injury, please schedule a complimentary consultation and allow our law firm to begin building your winning case.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
If you have been injured in an accident, contact us to get immediate help. Your consultation is 100% free and there is no obligation.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
At your convenience, schedule a time to discuss your case and review your options.
We can set up a designated time to meet via call, video chat, or in person.
Fernando Brito, Jr.
California Attorney, Of Counsel
Fernando Brito Jr. is a distinguished legal professional known for his exceptional achievements. Graduating with honors from the University of Southern California, he earned the prestigious Order of Troy award for his academic excellence and leadership contributions. Fernando’s commitment to legal excellence continued at George Washington University Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctorate and served as President of the Mock Trial Board.
Admitted to the California bar in 2007, Fernando’s legal prowess extends to the U.S. District Court Central District of California and the U.S. District Court Southern District of California. With a remarkable track record since 2007, he has secured over $20,000,000.00 in compensation for his clients. Notably, Fernando is an esteemed member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, and the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.
FROM OUR BLOG
Please review these additional resources for accident victims.