A Trusted Car Accident Lawyer — Dallas, TX
Car accidents happen in a span of seconds and can significantly change your life. In 2021, 1 person was injured every 2 minutes and 12 seconds in Texas motor vehicle traffic crashes. After a car accident, injured victims may sustain severe personal injuries and property damage. Medical bills, car repair bills, lost wages from missed work, and ongoing medical treatment can quickly become a financial burden.
If you were injured in a Dallas car crash caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to pursue financial compensation for your losses. At Alpha Accident Lawyers, our Dallas personal injury attorney is committed to obtaining justice for personal injury victims. Want to learn more about your legal options? Call us today to schedule a free consultation.Call for Your Free Consultation
What to Do After a Dallas Car Accident
If you were injured in a Dallas car accident, you should seek medical treatment immediately. After a car accident, you may feel confused and overwhelmed. It’s important to take proactive measures to help ensure your safety.
- Get to Safety
- According to Texas law, after a car collision, you must remain at the car accident scene and wait for authorities to arrive. Pull over to a safe, well-lit location that is out of the way of traffic. It is also a good idea to put your hazard lights on.
- Call the Police
- It’s vital to call the police after a car accident and provide an honest statement on how the accident occurred. However, exercise caution regarding what you say and do not apologize for the car accident. An apology can be seen as an admission of fault for the accident. Ensure you get a police report for your records.
- Take Photos
- Take pictures of the car accident scene and of every vehicle involved in the collision. Ensure you get photos of any property damage, skid marks, broken glass, and broken car parts. Also, take photos of any injuries sustained.
- Speak to Witnesses
- If there are witnesses present, be sure to get their statement of how the accident occurred. Obtain their contact information and ask if they are willing to give a witness statement.
- Seek Medical Attention
- Even if your injuries seem minor, it is important to see a medical professional after a car accident. Gather medical records pertaining to your car accident injuries. These records are important evidence to support your car accident claim.
- Gather Evidence
- It’s crucial to collect evidence like medical records, medical bills, car shop repair bills, rental car bills, pay stubs, and photos of your injuries throughout your recovery. Document your losses throughout your personal injury claim and ensure you have these records ready to show your car accident lawyer when you schedule a free consultation.
- Get a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
- It’s vital to consult with a Dallas car accident attorney after a car crash. A car accident lawyer can help you calculate and prove your losses. Additionally, a personal injury attorney can win compensation much higher than someone unfamiliar with personal injury law. Our Dallas car accident lawyers have a proven track record of recovering the maximum compensation available for our clients.
Types of Car Accidents in Dallas, TX
Unfortunately, car accidents are a common occurrence in Dallas, TX. In 2021, there was a reported traffic crash every 57 seconds. Some of the most common types of collisions include:
Rear-end collisions typically occur when drivers are distracted and don’t leave an appropriate amount of space in between their vehicle and the vehicle in front of them. In addition, driving while fatigued, driving under the influence, and reckless driving can also be contributing factors to rear-end crashes. Distracted driving accidents claimed 3,142 lives across the U.S.
Sideswipe collisions take place when vehicles traveling parallel to each other collide. These types of accidents usually occur when motorists fail to check their blind spots when they are merging or changing lanes. When a vehicle strikes another, the impact can cause the motorists to lose control and force them into other traffic lanes.
Head-on car crashes are especially dangerous. When 2 or more vehicles are traveling toward each other, especially at fast speeds, the force is magnified. Consequently, this type of auto accident is more likely to cause serious injuries or fatalities. Severe injuries can include broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
T-bone accidents happen when a vehicle traveling in one direction strikes another at a perpendicular angle, forming a “T” shape. T-bone accidents are especially dangerous because there is less mass on the sides of the vehicle to absorb impact than on the front and back. T-bone auto accidents typically occur when a driver fails to yield to other motorists or does not obey traffic signs and signals.
Rollover collisions occur when the force of a car crash causes a moving car to flip over. This type of accident is very dangerous and likely to cause severe injuries to occupants of the flipped vehicle. There is also a risk that the vehicle or cargo could ignite or explode potentially causing fatal injuries. Drivers and passengers could also be ejected upon impact from the motor vehicle.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Dallas
In 2018, there were 12,122 possible injuries as a result of Dallas car crashes. After a Dallas car accident suffered injuries can range from minor injuries like scrapes and bruises or severe injuries like traumatic brain injuries. It’s best to seek medical attention immediately after a car accident. Avoiding medical attention can have a negative impact on your personal injury case. Ensure you collect evidence like medical bills and medical records to support your car accident claim. Common injuries sustained in a car accident include:
- Lacerations and road rash
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What Kind of Compensation is Available in a Car Accident Claim?
Damages you may be able to pursue after an auto accident include:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Household services
- Property damage
- Car repair bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
The other driver’s insurance company may attempt to contact you after the car accident. It is best not to deal with the insurance company alone. Don’t provide the other driver’s insurance company with any information. They may try to use this information against you to justify a low settlement or deny your personal injury claim entirely. A car accident attorney will deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
At Alpha Accident Lawyers, our car accident attorneys will protect your best interests and keep you well-informed throughout the entire process. Our law firm of personal injury lawyers maintains a 99% success rate. Our car accident attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for personal injury victims.
File Your Personal Injury Claim in Time
According to Texas law, the statute of limitations is 2 years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. Failure to file a claim before the deadline can result in your claim being dismissed. It’s important to secure legal counsel quickly. A car accident lawyer will work to resolve your case in a timely manner.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Dallas
Dallas is a major tourist hotspot in Texas. There are about 1,288,457 residents calling the city home. Dallas sees more than 27 million visitors each year. The city has an abundance of restaurants, shopping centers, and entertainment activities. Some of the top attractions in Dallas include the Dallas Museum of Art, the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, and the Dallas World Aquarium.
If you were injured in a Dallas car accident as a result of someone else’s recklessness or negligence, you may be able to pursue compensation for your losses. If you sustained severe injuries, you may be dealing with costly medical bills, lost wages from missed work, and ongoing medical expenses. At Alpha Accident Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve. Get an experienced personal injury lawyer for your car accident case. Call to schedule a free consultation today.Call for Your Free Consultation